Saturday, March 27, 2010

Feathered Star and Summer on the Way!

Here's a little project I've been working on. It's all handquilted and ready for a single binding. Don't you love how my corners meet?! So many old quilts look this way so I thought I'd leave it for a bit of added charm. This was another possible quiltalong, but I could hardly get it together with partial seams so scrapped that idea pretty quickly. The overall size is 16".
Last fall I won a giveaway from Vivian, Quilts and a Mug blog. . This was one of the Joined at the Hip patterns. It was a kit and after looking at the fabrics and deciding all of them were adorable I made this. Do you know I have never bought a quilt kit before or made a quilt out of a kit? It was really nice to have everything labeled and the fabrics were perfect for this. I have all 4 seasons of angels, but because purple coneflowers and flags are my favorites I started with summer! I used fusible web and am hoping to machine applique this afternoon. Thanks again Vivian! I loved putting this together.

Miriam, at Yellow Rose Quilt blog awarded me with the Sunshine Award for bloggers who "inspire others with positivity and creativity". Thanks so much Miriam. I am supposed to nominate 12 other bloggers, but it seems to me that we all run in the same blog circles, so to speak. I'm inspired by so many wonderful, positive, fun, beautiful blogs I would be hard pressed to name only 12!! So, if you are reading this consider yourself a recipient of the Sunshine Award.



21 comments:

  1. I think the Summer quilt is so cute! My kind of style.
    And your feathered star mini does have charm. I like that you left the charm in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both quilts are great! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Feathered Star quilt! Such pretty spring colors. I like purple coneflowers too. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely feathered star, Lori. That's yet ANOTHER project on my "try it someday" list. Your colors are so pretty. They definitely spell S-P-R-I-N-G.

    I'm glad you enjoyed using the kit. A couple of the angels were the first kits I ever used. Such fun to have the parts already labeled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Summer block!!!! Your little Feathered Star is gorgeous. You must have a wonderful collection of little quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow that little feathered star is a gem!!!! I really, really love it and the Summer quilt is great too!

    You are an inspiration Lori...congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great!! I love your feathered star!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm liking that feather star mini! Oh yes indeed!! Actually...liking both...but partial to that star. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh but you small quilt is so cute! Pretty small though! I like the summer quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The feathered star is great, love the colours. The border is the best bit with it's perfect inperfection.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its beautiful Lori but I can see where it would be a bit challenging :)
    cute little quilt, great win!!!
    congrats on the Sunshine award.
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Having quilts for the different seasons is such a nice thing. I like them both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your feather star. That is one of my favorite patterns. I have 1 completed, 1 in my UFO basket and have plans for another. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a pretty feathered star! Love the bits of yellow with the pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Feathered Star looks pretty challenging! And I love the little 'wonky' on the border!

    Your Summer piece is pretty cute too. I like Joined at the Hip designs, and purple coneflowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Summer it just darling . . . . and I really do hope she's coming my way *s* We are in for m*o*r*e rain as much a 6". I'm starting to feel soggy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous wall hanging!!! I love the way you quilted it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing another great quilt (and for good judgement about the non-quilt-a-long-ability of partial seams)!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your feathered star is beautiful! I love the colors you used! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your feathered star quilt is SO pretty! It looks like a breath of Spring.
    I love the Summer quilt too. I love that prim style. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the colors of your feathered star. I have not done one yet - did you paper piece it?
    It looks perfect - and hand quilted?
    lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!