Tuesday, August 17, 2010

House on the Hill and Random Ramblings

This was the last house block in the House Party quilt!!! I have had so much fun working on these this year. I'm a little sad to see them finished. Now to figure out a setting and fabric.
I won this awesome bundle of wovens from Sew Cindy. I have a project I've been wanting to work on for some time and these will fit right in!!


I also won this adorable small reproduction pattern from Sue at I Sew Quilts UK. Little quilts are right down my alley and I'm sure choosing fabrics will take longer than the actual sewing.



I received two blogging awards this week!! I'm a rebel and never follow directions but wanted to thank them for reading my blog and the awards!! The Versatile blogger award comes from Rita at Quilt Piecer. I thought it would be fun to tell you 7 things about myself.
1. I really am a good speller despite the errors in the comments I leave. Just overlook it, ok?
2. I really love summer time and am always a little sad when it's over. Please quit talking about fall being right around the corner.
3. I love to read and no matter how tired I am I have to read a little before turning the light out for bed. I started Still Alice last night.
4. I've been married for 28 years!
5. My flower and vegetable garden are a lot like my quilts. Free-willing and humble. But I love them despite that.
6. I lost 57 pound in 2001 and have kept it off since then! Woo-Hoo!
7. My eyesight is getting worse and have to have magnifying glasses to thread small needles.

So that's a little peak into my life. A few random thoughts that's for sure!!

The I love your blog award comes from Cheryl at Sweetie Scraps.
Thank you ladies for the awards and the wonderful giveaways!!






25 comments:

  1. When I started reading "about alice" I couldn't put it down. Wonderful book and so much information that helped me with my mom...
    Funny...I take OFF my glasses to see close up..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to know a little more about you. I, too, have to read a little before turning the light off at night. I think it helps me unwind and relax. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love summer and am always a little sad this time of year too. I know everyone complains about the heat but I hate to see summer end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't want to climb the hill to get to those houses! Love the crooked trees.

    You are on a winning frenzy. The bundle of fabric is an awesome win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read "Still Alice" and found it wonderful. Wrenching, but wonderful.

    n

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my pleasure! I enjoy reading your blog and love the House on the Hill. Congrats on your 2 awards. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congratulations on your give-away win and your two awards. it was fun to read a few facts about you and i'm always surprised by how much we all have in common when it comes right down to it.

    these little houses that you've been making are all so spontaneous and sweet~!

    :-)
    libbyQ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori, I have loved these fun houses since you've started sharing photos of them. They're just too much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your house block is really cute and congratulations on the blog awards. I have to read before I turn the light out too, even if it is only two pages.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. Congrats on your awards and on you wins.
    I read a lot too....I have trouble putting the book down to go to sleep.
    I am not a great speller.
    Keep sewing and blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your houses are fun - I like the hill you pieced. Congratulations on the blog awards and giveaway wins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the hill that your houses are on! And congratulations about your win and awards!! You deserve them. I am just like you when it comes to reading. I always read in bed, no matter what time it is. But I don't like summer because I can't stand the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic houses on the hill, I love them! What a great series of blocks you've made.

    Congrats on the wins and the awards. You deserve them for all you share and teach.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the houses put on the hill!!!! a fun version of a wonky neighborhood, Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the block Lori, it's so fun. Nice to hear a little bit about you too. Congratulations on your win and the other win, keeping healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to live on that hill!
    I call the polka-dot house :)
    what a cute block.
    It was fun to read about you -
    I can't wait to meet in person

    ReplyDelete
  17. I absolutely love those wonky houses! One can't help but smile looking at them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweet little house block...I really like it a lot!

    Fun info about you...I'm sorry but I love Fall the best...lol If I could change one thing about myself, it's that my eyesight was better, so I feel your pain...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your houses are such fun; they will make a very happy quilt indeed.
    "Still Alice" was a great read for me. I'm certain that you'll like it, too. It gave me insight on what it must be like to have Alzheimer's.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am sad the houses are over. What will the sashing be? That list was actually fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I always enjoy reading "about" blogging friends. I smiled at the spelling comment. I'm the same way. Spelling and typing are two different things :-) My eyesight is getting worse too. I find myself asking my kids to read things if we're out and about and I don't have my glasses with me. I wonder if people around me think I can't read :-)
    Blessings,
    Marcia

    ReplyDelete
  22. Cute block!
    Come to Florida, it seems summer never ends! Like you, I HAVE to read a bit before bed. It's been such a part of my routine at night for so long that I truly can't relax without a few pages.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this last house block especially. It's so whimsical!
    Congrats on your awards.

    It was nice you could spend the day shopping with the kids. That was a long day!
    I'm just catching up here..I loved your doll quilt remake, and those vintage quilts are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi,

    I love the whimsy of the house blocks. Where did you get the pattern from?

    I haven't be able to find the designer or pattern name.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  25. The house on the hill looks like something from Dr. Seuss! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!