Friday, June 3, 2016

Snowballs in Summer

Finally finished a quilt! I started this one after P&B Textiles sent me fabric called Friendship Ring by Evonne Cook. You can see my first post HERE

I'm really happy with how it turned out. Kim McCray in Bend quilted it for me and I like the fans on this one.

Of course, my backings are always a mixed bag.
I love this pink fabric. The quilt has been washed and measures approx 54" square. It's a good lap size. 

This quilt is for sale and the money is going to MSI to bring clean water to a community in or near Trujillo, Peru. That's where I'll be going in November.  Shoot me off an email if you are interested or would like more info.

My Instagram feed for this week!

Next Monday we are sharing our Gwennie inspired basket medallion center. If you do not have a blog, but have a block to share please send it to me so I can get it posted. We will have a linky party for those who are joining and have a blog post they can share.

Have a great weekend!

19 comments:

  1. The fans are the perfect complement to your patchwork in this quilt. I l-o-v-e the back. It looks like it came out of the hills of Virginia 100 years ago. (in great shape, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt is soooo beautiful and I'm sure you will find a buyer !
    See you on Monday for the Gwennie basket !! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilt looks great! I have been trying to come up with a fast easy way to quilt my snowball. I just want to 'get it done' now as it has been laying around way too long. Originally I thought of quilting large snowflakes on it but that will take time. I just might use your idea. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! It has so many elements that I really like in a quilt, the brown and pink, 9 patches, the fan quilting. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is STUNNING! Has that vintage charm about it and the baptist fan quilting is the icing on the cake! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt is STUNNING! Has that vintage charm about it and the baptist fan quilting is the icing on the cake! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great little nine patch/snow ball quilt!! And the quilting is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty pinks and the fans are perfect for it. I hope it earns a pretty penny for Peru - a great cause.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you have a special blog just for your quilts! you are a very talented quilter, and I like the way Kim McCray quilted it with the fans.
    Nice work!!
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comments (on both blogs!) Saimi!! You are a "no-reply" commenter so I hope you see this.

      Delete
  10. Great looking quilt Lori! Here's hoping that it sells for a nice amount for the well in Peru!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Baptist Fan is my favorite go to quilting design.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt has a delightful vintage charming look. It's the best kind of snowballs for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, what a beautiful quilt, Lori. The simple pattern is enhanced by the beautiful pinks and browns. It's such a warm and inviting quilt. Who would not have sweet dreams when sleeping under it?! The Baptist Fans are perfect, and the back works so well with the front and is beautiful enough to be a front by itself.
    --Nancy. (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This quilt does look pretty old...like it..

    ReplyDelete
  15. nice! yay for fan quilting!!

    ReplyDelete

Because the ridiculous amount of SPAM I have resorted to comment moderation.

I love to reply to comments or a question. If you are on noreply-comment@blogger.com I have no way of contacting you. Please leave an email address. If you need help changing the setting please email me.
If you want to comment feel free to send me an email as I would love to hear from you!